Friday, October 16, 2009

Quilt Market [Houston 2009] - Part One


Quilt Market is over but there's a lot of work to do. "Jolly Stuff" made its debut at the Leisure Arts booth at the show. I am so stoked about this little book. LA, you guys rock. The photography and styling of the book are awesome. I know that you guys will love it too!

I thought that I'd show you some people shots. Mark was looking pretty good. It is an awesome feeling to meet up with your piers. The creativity is inspiring and yet almost overwhelming in a good way. Once at home, I have to process the show's events and then get down to work!


My favorite Henry Glass ladies. They worked hard but had time to smile for me! Thanks!


One of my special meetings was with Marianne Byrne-Goarin of The Cinnamon Patch. I'll show some of her work in the next market post. She is a Facebook friend but she is gorgeous and charming in person. Pleased to meet you Marianne. I hope to do some work with her in the future. Wait until you see her book. [The designs behind us are lovely but they're not hers. She does stitchery work.] Gorgeous!


One of my favorite parts of Fall Quilt Market is catching up with Amy Butler's dad. I look forward to chatting with him every fall. He's a sweet guy and such a great help in her booth. He is quite a gentleman who always makes time for questions and he's so supportive and proud of Amy.  Amy's booth, as usual, was gorgeous and luscious.

Nicole of Alexander Henry Fabrics is a treat to spend time with. She and her brother are so talented and terrific people. Wait until you see their new Halloween line. To die for!


Next, I headed over to the Martingale booth to meet the editors there. I'll have a little sneak peek in the next few posts. I contributed to a new book and you'll just have to wait and see.


Heidi Kaisand [APQS ], Jennifer Keltner [American Patchwork & Quilting ], Lila Scott [APQ] and I had fun catching up.

Barbara of Quilt Soup  is a sweet lady. I love her designs and she happens to design for Henry Glass too! Yes, Barbara, I do talk a mile a minute! Sorry! I caught up with the wonderful gals at Bigfork Bay Cotton Co. Traci is on the left and Lynn is on the right.




I'll have some more market stuff in the next few days. xo, L