Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Spring Is In The Air, Fun Is Everywhere


We have had a lot of snow days here in the northeast. I am anxiously awaiting spring but I can feel it in the air. Most of all, I see it in the colors around me and in the activities or events that I am able to sneak out to experience.

Last week, my son had Safari Day and I showed you their underwater experience. It was so fun to decorate and he had so much fun talking about his dolphin.



Later that night, my friend Joanne and I went to the Hunterdon Art Museum for their ladies night out event. It was fun being out with good friends eating good food and making fun jewelry like the bracelet that I made at the top. You can see how I still had blue and ocean on my mind!




I still had the color blue on my mind when I bought this kit bead kit at the quilt show this weekend. More on the show later this week. What a pretty bead.


I love to see bright and happy fabrics. My friend Sarah Fielke sent swatches of her new fabric, little things, for Lecien. The line is so happy and I love the dots especially. I used the yellow dot in a project for Mark Lipinski's Christmas 365. The issue should be available in the next week or so. Thanks Sarah!!


Oh, look at the adorable funky chickens!


Most of all, I love all of the spring quilt shows. I went to Quilt Fest in NJ this past weekend and I believe that the big Lancaster show is coming up in two weeks. I get to see beautiful quilts like this one made by Judith Heyward.


I will share some more from the quilt show this week.

xo, L