Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Hello!



It's me! Yes, vaguely, right? Where do I start? It has been so manic that the only posting that I've been able to do has been Facebook. If you're on there, friend me because you'll see a lot more there. I am working on being here more often too.

I wrote a book, went to Quilt Market, did other stuff, went to NYC to the Henry Glass Fabrics' offices and did other stuff [can't mention now kinda stuff].

I only went to Quilt Market for a day and a half because some little people needed me. Remember these guys?


I hung around with the Henry Glass folks for a short while [see photos on the Henry Glass Facebook Page] but I was only there for a day and a half so I had to make it productive! 

I had to see Ms. Sloan for sure! I went to the Aurifil Schoolhouse. Aurifil has a lot of fun plans for 2012. They have a great line-up for the Aurifil Designer of the Month event. Speaking of Designer of the Month. You should pop over to the Aurifil blog now to read all about Jacquelynne Steves. She replaced Larissa who's been ill. Remember to make a project and post it onto the Flickr page. You could win some lovely thread. I would do almost anything for Aurifil thread. Check out the Flickr page here.



Also at the Aurifil Schoolhouse were Alex Veronelli, Lee Nakamoto [actually from Accu-Quilt and thanks for this photo] and Sarah Vedeler.



I had to visit with the ladies at Better Homes and Gardens too! There's Nancy Wiles, Lisa Schumacher and Elizabeth Beese.


I chatted briefly with Heidi Kaisand. She's wonderful and she has a new shop, Hens and Chicks. Sounds like a great place.




After Quilt Market, I went to NYC to the Henry Glass Fabrics' offices. It was a gorgeous day in Bryant Park.


Here we are in the heart of the garment district!


Two terrific people at Henry Glass, Larry and Karen, work really hard to bring you their gorgeous fabric!


Here's Karen with Lenny! He does the computer work.



I met the lovely Irina the day that I was there. 


Make sure you check out the Henry Glass Facebook Page for previews of new lines.

I snuck over to Tinsel Trading because it is on the same street as Henry Glass. Oh, what a beautiful wall of flowers and other treats!



I'm gonna be back very soon! We're working on the Henry Glass Jolly Holiday Party from November 13 - 19, 2011. Make sure you check back. It will be fun to hop around and around.

xo, L